We all read from forums and blogs how Dark Angels fail in comparison to Space Marines codex. Recently, I found a few pros over the many cons which I like to share.
- Dark Angels scouts pawns Space Marines scouts every day. BS4 vs BS3 makes all the difference. The only thing going for Space Marines scouts are hellfire rounds on heavy bolters. I have Space Marines scouts shooting at me often but it is only Sgt Telion that is the constant performer, the rest simply fall short. Because of this, Sgt Telion seems to have clones of himself! He is suddenly everywhere!
- Dark Angels Dreadnoughts are more experience in surviving a combat than Space Marines Dreadnoughts. What can I say? Dark Angels Venerable Dreads are cheaper! Although Space Marines Venerable Dreads have better hardware(BS5, WS5) but Dark Angels Venerable Dreads have better software.
- Dark Angels used to be the only chapter that have the option to field Terminators as troops. A full Dark Angels Deathwing doesn’t give much of a fight in 5th edition but well supported, it can still put up a fight.
- AV14 Landspeeder anyone? Huzzah! Only Dark Angels have it. Come and grab one before another chapter steals it!
- Ignore 1 failed save per turn (except wounds that causes instant death or no armor save in CC)? Old school. I not only get to protect my own squad, I get to protect all my brothers within 6″ of me. I am Dark Angels apothecary. Am I good? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
I love my Dark Angels.
Picture courtesy from LordHannu